A couple days ago, I posted about this super easy recipe on my Instagram and kinda surprisingly, a good amount of people wanted a recipe for it lol. So, here it is! This recipe is SUPER EASY to make; literally, there’s no cooking involved. So if you’re not a great home cook, I don’t see how you could f this one up lol.
Turquoise Blog’s Super Easy Couscous Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
Recipe for: 2 meal portions / 4 side portions
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
- 2 cups of couscous
- 2 cups of very hot chicken broth (or vegetable)
- 1 package of cherry tomatoes, sliced in 4
- 1 cucumber, diced into small cubes (1cm by 1cm)
- 1/4 cup of green onions (green part only)
- 1/4 cup of red onion, diced into tiny cubes (0.5cm by 0.5cm)
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of fresh mint, chopped finely
- the juice of 1 lemon (have a second lemon in case you need more / want your salad more acidic)
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make my super easy couscous tabbouleh recipe:
- Start by prepping the couscous. Put the couscous in a bowl, add the very hot chicken broth and cover for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, prep your other ingredients.
- Once the couscous has been covered for about 5 minutes, check to see if it is cooked and fluff it up with a fork. Put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes so it can cool down.
- Once the couscous is cool, add all of the other ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve, ready to be enjoyed!