Turquoise Blog’s Easy Spaghetti Noodle Soup Recipe
Recipe for: 2 portions
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- 1 portion of spaghetti
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 small onion, chopped up finely
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped up finely
- 2 medium carrots, cut into small cubes
- 1 large potato, cut into small cubes
- a handful of parsley, chopped
- 2 cups of spinach, chopped
- a handful of brussel sprouts, chopped up finely
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup of rotisserie chicken, cut into small cubes
How to make my easy spaghetti noodle soup:
- Boil some water for the spaghetti, cook, drain when ready and reserve.
- Take a large pot and boil 6 cups of chicken broth (I often use cubes that I add water to).
- While your broth is boiling/getting ready to boil, chop up the onion and garlic and add them in. Chop up the carrots and add it in. Chop up the potato and add it in. Cover and let it boil until the carrots are soft (about 10-15 minutes).
- While everything in step 3 is boiling, continue prepping the rest of your ingredients: chopped spinach, brussel sprouts and parsley, as well as your chicken.
- When the carrots are ready, crack open an egg into your soup and immediately start whisking, so it breaks up and mixes into your broth (think egg drop soup).
- Add in the remaining ingredients you just prepped in step 4: spinach, brussel sprouts, parsley and chicken. Add the spaghetti. Bring the heat down to medium and let them sit for a couple minutes, just enough time for the chicken to warm up and the leafy ingredients to soften up.
- Your soup is ready to serve and enjoy!