Restaurant : Café Zezin
Event: Turquoise Blog’s #ExperienceCafeZezin Insta Foodies Brunch
Restaurant type: café, coffee shop, brunch, desserts, take-away
Prices: $6-$18.50 brunch dishes
Date: Sunday May 5th 2019
Group of: 26 foodies
My favorite dishes: eggs Benedict + croissant bourgeois + samba on ice
Last month, I had the pleasure of hosting my fourth Insta Foodies event of the year; a brunch at Café Zezin! Café Zezin is a Brazilian-French-Québécois fusion café, serving up coffees, cafe food and a full brunch menu on weekends, with some Brazilian, French and Québécois influences. Its is located on Jean-Talon Est, one block away from D’Iberville Metro (blue line) on the corner of Rue des Écores.
Present this time around to #ExperienceCafeZezin, there was myself @elisebgravel, Dini @dini_the_foodie_mtl, Stephane @smarkfoodie, Rola @montrealesque, Ghyslène @gigi.in.mtl, Shelia @shelia.guan, Jenny @jlennyx, Mary @master_yoda_222, Alex @alexfoodi, Evan @evanvanya, Tiffany @tiffanyinmtl, Thomas @wigglemypanda, My @mtlpancakequeen, Melissa & Maisha @the_sisters_table, Emily @emilylylingtsai, Patrick @mtlfoodfrenzy, Priyanka @pri_mtlfoodie, Sylvie @s2_vii, Michelle @mich_lavish, Victor @vudememe, JiaYin @food_diary.jyc, Melinda @mel.the.explorer, Myriam @mymy_bazar, Mai @_all_i_could_think_of_is_food and Gia @spoonfulof.chic !
The event featured their entire menu (sharing plates) from eggs Benedict to desserts:
- Cheese balls
- Coxinha: Brazilian style chicken nugget served with salad
- Brazilian poutine: artisanal pulled ham, cheese curds, crispy onions and gravy over yuca popcorn
- Sandwich carne louca: artisanal pulled beef panini, with mozzarella cheese and marinated onions, served with salad
- Croissant Bourgeois: Croissant, egg, ham, mozzarella cheese and goat cheese, served with dry tomato béchamel sauce and fresh fruits
- Classic Bene: 2 poached eggs, sautéed spinach, mushrooms and hollandaise sauce over a homemade brioche bread and served with salad and dauphine potatoes
- Touski: 2 sunny side up eggs, artisanal pulled ham, dill ricotta cheese, bacon, toast and corn bread served with salad, dauphine potatoes and fresh fruits
- Waffle churros: Waffles sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, served with guava sauce
- Churros: mini churros served with dulce de leche and guava sauce
- Samba on ice: Brownie topped with ice cream, peanut crumble and dulce de leche sauce
- Waffle with fruit: waffles served with fresh fruits and guava sauce
We had a wonderful brunch at Café Zezin, full of delicious dishes and a lot of food! Of course, like the last time I came, I had my favorites and again, the Croissant Bourgeois did not disappoint. If you like croissants and breakfast sandwiches, you really can’t go wrong with this pick. The croissant is perfectly golden and crispy and filled with delicious eggs, cheese and ham on the inside. The samba on ice dessert was a popular pick with pretty much everyone, for its decadent brownie, topped with ice cream and dulce de leche. A couple nice discoveries this time around were the Coxinha – a Brazilian style chicken nugget – and Café Zezin’s Brazilian poutine. Both were very good but I have to say, those yuca popcorn were delicious! I also really liked the seasoning on the chicken inside the coxinha, which was perfectly seasoned.
Overall, we had an amazing time at Café Zezin, where we got to sample everything off their menu! I really like the concept of their cafe, which fuses Québécois, French and Braazilian cuisines together to create something unique and perfectly catered to Montreal. Thanks again to everyone who contributed to making this brunch special, to my guests for attending and to Café Zezin for the wonderful brunch!
Part of the planning for this event also included the table decor and gift bags for my attendees. The floral arrangements were provided by Elvira from @elvira_floral_studio and the goodie boxes for the attendees were provided by Café Zezin. Thank you all for your generous contributions!
Café Zezin is the perfect place for a latte and a delicious homemade pastry during the week or for a sumptuous brunch dish over the weekend. So, how will you #ExperienceCafeZezin ?
UP NEXT: My restaurant review of Pho 88 (Vietnamese, Thai & Chinese specialties in CDN!)
*This restaurant post does not contain my usual restaurant review criteria of restaurants, as this is a sponsored post where I was invited to the restaurant as a guest.
*All photos and comments are mine